Awards, Accolades and Publications
As quoted in Chambers USA 2006: Don Katz is the whole business lawyer, agreed clients, who believe he "adds immediate value to any discussion with his informed, focused and precise counsel."
- The Federal Safety Act and Antiterrorism Technology; Liability Protection and Other Considerations, Michigan Business Law Journal, Volume XXIV, Issue 3, Fall 2004.
- SBA Designations and Government Contracting, Michigan Business Law Journal, Volume XXIV, Issue 1, Spring 2004.
- Is Bonus Depreciation the Death of the 1031 Exchange? Michigan Tax Lawyer, Volume XXIX, Issue 3 Fall 2003.
- Taxation Issues Involving Aircraft, Innermarker Michigan Bar Aviation Section, Fall 2003.
- Frequent Flyer Miles: Tax Free Fringe Benefits? Michigan Tax Lawyer, Volume XXVIII, Issue 2 Spring/Summer 2002.
- Corporate Aircraft Deductibility, National Aviation Finance Association Quarterly, December 2001.
- Taxation of Employer Aircraft and the Fringe Benefit Rules, Michigan Tax Lawyer, Volume XXVIII, Issue 1 Winter 2002.
- A Transactional Look at E-Commerce, CCH E-Commerce Tax Alert, Volume 2, Issue 11, 2001.
- E-Commerce Taxation, Michigan Tax Lawyer, Volume XXVII, Issue 2, Spring/Summer 2001.
Recognized by The Chambers Directory as one of the nation’s leading business aviation lawyers in 2005 and 2006.
Pro Bono Attorney Service Award from Community Legal Resources (2002) for representation of Michigan non-profit housing corporation providing affordable housing for special needs and disabled individuals.